The climate crisis is real. But what are the facts? What are the threats that we face? Where are the opportunities going forward? If the climate emergency is an existential threat to life on the planet, does our response reflect that of an emergency? What can and must individuals do to avert the worst consequences of the climate crisis?
As part of Craig Wolfe’s role in Al Gore’s Climate Reality Leadership Corps, he uses slides prepared by the Climate Reality Project along with his own to demonstrate the seriousness of the climate emergency and to provide actions we must take before the clock runs out on our window of opportunity to fight the climate crisis.
Live original music accompanied by video can be used as an introduction to the topic.
About the Speaker:
Craig Wolfe was trained by Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project to make presentations regarding the Climate Emergency. He is President of the Heartland Renewable Energy Society; Communications Director for Government By The People; co-founder for the KC Climate Coalition; a long-time activist with Kansas Sierra Club; and singer/songwriter in the group Soular, writing songs about climate and Mother Earth.
Ahead of his time, Mr. Wolfe in the 1980’s built 60 passive solar/super insulated houses under Craig Wolfe Solar Design & Construction before interest in the energy crisis fell off the public’s radar. He has worked as a consultant in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas urban cores on housing projects, and has always been most interested in energy related activities.
Details to provide the speaker.
- Location of the presentation. Address, name of building, and room number. If no address is available, a map showing the location would be helpful. I live in Kansas City. For long distances I prefer that at least 20 people are anticipated.
- Length of the presentation, including questions. How much time for presentation and time for questions do you recommend?
- Music. I often include a musical introduction using one or two of my original songs and its associated music video if that is desired.
- Equipment. What equipment is available? If the room has no screen, projector, or sound equipment, then Mr. Wolfe can provide. Mr. Wolfe will use his own laptop since the presentation contains video, which may present issues on some computers.
- Audience number. For handouts, how many should be provided?
- Access to room. Access to the room 90 minutes in advance is requested for set up of equipment and to insure there are no technical surprises.
- Mileage. For long distances, mileage is requested but not a requirement.
- Who can attend? If it is appropriate for members outside your organization to attend, we can invite Sierra Club members and other environmentalists in the area to attend this presentation.
Craig Wolfe – Climate Emergency Activist
913-299-4474 l info@Soular.co
9844 Georgia Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66109-4326